IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE DOTHAN DIAMOND CLASSIC
Tournament Director: Coach Gene Dews
Dates of tournament: April 16th, 18th, 19th & 20th
Daily Admission: $6 Daily–$20 Tournament pass
Children 5 and under are admitted free
Game times: Tuesday, 16th 4:00 Pool Play begins
(Three rounds-four fields)
Thursday 18th 4:00 Pool Play continues
(Three rounds—four fields)
Friday, 19th 1:00 FCA Player Luncheon
4:00 Single Elimination play begins
(Four fields—three rounds)
Saturday, 20th 10am Kasey Cooper Home Run Derby
11am Retire Kasey’s High School jersey
1:00 Semi Finals
3:00 Championship & Consolation
- Tournament credentials will be provided to participating schools at the team entrance gate. Sponsors will receive passes prior to the tournament.
- Credentials will be checked to enter restricted areas and must be shown for free admission to tournament
- PLEASE REFRAIN FROM “PASSING OFF” CREDENTIALS TO OTHER INDIVIDUALS.
- VIP parking will be located in the parking lot in front of the Officials Building.
- VIP entrance will be at the gate behind the Officials Building.
- There will be a tournament draw for placement into pools. The draw will be held at the Wiregrass Museum of Art on April 1, 2019 at 5pm. The draw will be for two coaches from each school and sponsors. You will be ask to RSVP. LongHorn & Blue Plate will be catering event.
- The Park will be open 1 ½ hours prior to the first game of the day
- Bus parking will be available at the Fitness Court parking lot.
- There will be staff to assist in parking of buses and escorting players to the back gate.
- Teams and coaches should enter the back gate of Westgate Softball Complex.
- Teams will be allowed to warm up in designated warm up areas between fields.
- No warming up behind game fence.
- No soft toss in to fencing.
- Team line-ups should be submitted to the scorekeeper 15 minutes before game time.
- All substitutes shall be reported to the umpire and scorekeeper.
- Will be determined by a coin flip during pool play and higher seed may choose during elimination play.
Team/Player Awards to be presented:
- Championship – Trophy and 18 championship t-shirts for players and coaches
- Runner-up – Trophy
- Third / Fourth place Trophy
- All-Tournament Team – Ten (10) players will be chosen and each will receive a certificate of recognition & T-shirt
- Home Run Derby winner – Trophy & Bat
- Sportsmanship Award Trophy
- Each team will receive 15 souvenir t-shirts for players.
- Each team will receive 1 dozen NFHS approved softballs.
Hospitality Room – will be located in the Officials Building, directly behind field 1.
- Hospitality Room will be open to coaches, administrators, and sponsors 30 minutes prior to the first game and will remain open until 6th inning of last scheduled game.
- Must have proper credentials to enter hospitality room.
For questions or additional information, please contact:
Rhonda Kirk, City of Dothan – Cell: (334) 701-2954 or firstname.lastname@example.org